Thursday, July 19, 2007

the one with the height.

I am almost 5'-3". My license actually says 5'-3" , but I am more like 5'-2¾".

You probably gathered that from this sites address.

I have never felt short, I have always actually felt pretty tall. I actually tend to think that I am the same height as most people, or not that much shorter. If I am ever in the presence of someone that is shorter than me I tend to stand with my legs spread further apart so that I am shorter.. anyway.. to the story already!

When I first started walking, my heels didn't touch the ground. My mother thought there was something wrong with me, and took me to the doctor, I was fine.. I was/am just a toe walker.

One day while my friend Dawn was over at my house we measured ourselves using a measuring device* that was on a hallway wall. Dawn has always hovered over me by at least 4 inches or so, but I do not remember our exact heights. I do however remember that when she marked my height I stood on my toes
she asked me... 'why are you standing on your toes?
I replied... 'well, this is my natural height.'

I don't think she has ever stopped making fun of me for that.

I have also not stopped walking on my toes, and I think that is why I always feel tall, and why I have no problem walking in heels.

this story was recalled while sitting at my desk at work.

~smb

* I do not know what the name of that would be, height chart maybe?


No comments: